Liz’s mother and both brothers were diagnosed with celiac disease and her mom made everything from scratch in a gluten-free kitchen. When her first child tested positive for celiac disease, Liz pulled from her mom’s inspiration and began running a gluten-free household herself. She has witnessed firsthand how following a gluten-free diet reduces skin irritation, inflammation, and pain. With her website, Gluten-Free Mom Colorado, she is on a mission to help people discover amazing gluten-free options and to see that a celiac or gluten intolerance diagnosis is not a curse, but can actually be delicious and make you feel great! We’re thrilled to be a part of her mission.
Prep time 15 minutes
Total time 1 hour
- 6 Outside The Breadbox Vegan Oat Bagels
- 1 ½ cups milk or alternative
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish, cut up bagels into cubes, and add to baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, whisking everything together, then pour onto bagel cubes.
- Top casserole with berries, if using strawberries make sure to slice.
- Wrap casserole with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, for best results refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 45- 60 minutes
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.