This no-bake chocolate parfait is a decadent treat that will put a bow on your Valentine’s Day menu. Caution-the homemade salted caramel is quick and easy but finicky! It will require your undivided attention and constant stirring so it doesn’t burn. With this recipe you’ll have extra, which you can keep in the fridge for up to a month.
- 1 1/2 cups Outside The Breadbox Graham Cracker Crumbs (or crushed OTB gluten-free graham crackers)
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 9 oz semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- Confectioners sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup room temperature heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp toasted coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine crust ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Spoon graham cracker mixture into a dessert glass or ramekin and press into a thin layer with your thumb. Refrigerate.
- To prepare the chocolate filling, whisk together milk, cream, egg yolks, sugar, and salt.
- Heat mixture in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until just before boiling.
- Add chocolate pieces to a blender, pour mixture over, and blend until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into glasses on top of graham cracker crust, leaving room for toppings. Refrigerate until set.
- For the caramel sauce, heat the sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts and turns amber.
- Stir in butter until melted and combined, whisking vigorously.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream, combine, and remove from heat.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator and top with a pinch of salt, toasted coconut, and caramel or strawberries and confectioners sugar.