In Colorado this year, we experienced record-highs over Labor Day weekend, with temperatures soaring up to 101. Then, on Tuesday September 8, the temperature plummeted to the low 30s and Colorado got its earliest snowstorm ever, dumping up to 7 inches across the Front Range. As Coloradans, we’re no strangers to radical temperature swings, so Danielle was at-the-ready with this family staple for the chilly change. For more inspiration and healthy takes on living a clean lifestyle, follow her Instagram @informedandinspired.
- Outside The Breadbox Vegan Oat Bread
- Cheese (Drunken Goat is my personal fave)
- Mayo (the secret ingredient for a golden crust)
- Tomato soup
- Garlic powder
- Steamed or roasted broccoli (a great way to get kids to eat veggies)
- Heat non-stick frying pan on medium heat
- Lightly spread mayo on the outside of each slice
- Lightly sprinkle garlic powder over the mayo
- Place one slice, mayo side down, in the pan, layer on your choice of cheese(s) and top with second slice of bread, mayo side up
- Cook until one side is crispy and cheese starts to melt (a lid can help with this), then flip and cook until the other
- Serve with tomato soup for dunking and a side of steamed broccoli…enjoy!