We were thrilled to discover Core & Rind’s Cashew Cheesy Sauce at Naturally Boulder’s Innovation Showcase–an event featuring all kinds of delicious treats from the natural and allergen-free world. Think nacho sauce, sans the dairy and with an extra zing (it comes in three flavors–Bold & Spicy, Sharp & Tangy, and Rich & Smoky.) We spied a version of this combination on their website and thought “now wouldn’t that be excellent on one of our crusts.” We took their lead with roasted brussels sprouts, onions, zucchini, and yellow squash, then added our own southwestern twist with corn and black beans. Next game day: plant-based pizza! (Shhhh, the others will never know).
- Outside The Breadbox gluten-free pizza crust
- Core & Rind Cashew Cheesy Sauce (we used Rich & Smoky)
Mix it up with your favorite roasted veggies! We used:
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 red onion, cut into large slices
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread vegetables in a single layer across a baking sheet coated with olive oil
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through with a spatula
- While the vegetables are roasting, spread cheesy sauce on the top of your pizza crust with the back of a spoon, making sure to cover all the way to the edge
- When vegetables are done, scatter evenly on top of the sauce
- Bake for another 10 minutes
- Finish for 3-5 minutes on broil for some extra crunch to your veggies!
Follow @coreandrind for more ideas of how to use their magical vegan cheesy sauce.