Halloween is just around the corner and we’re getting ready with some terrifying gluten-free treats. The only way to escape from these spooky spiders is to eat them! While we can’t go so far as to say these are a healthy snack, we used ingredients like no-sugar-added chocolate from Lily’s Sweets and plant-based Dandies marshmallows to emphasize the ‘natural’ in supernatural. Bring on the ghouls and goblins.
- Gently cut each graham cracker square into quarters with a sharp knife to avoid breakage.
- Cut your chocolate pieces into equally sized squares.
- Top 1 out of two graham cracker squares with chocolate and lay out pretzel sticks (8 per spider!) and red hots for easy assembly. You’ll want to assemble your spiders when the marshmallows are hot so the chocolate melts and the legs and eyeballs stick.
- Roast your marshmallows, one at a time, over your gas stove flame or other fire source. Careful! Sugar flames up fast so be ready.
- Once toasted, use the top of the graham cracker to sandwich the marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
- Add the red hot eyeballs and poke in the legs.
- Happy Halloween!